The SWF Activity Module is a plugin module for Moodle 1.9 and 2.5+. It has two main functions:
- It provides an easy non-technical, reliable and standards compliant way to deploy almost any Flash application or animations in Moodle. No matter what your level of technical expertise, the easy module wizard makes it as easy as writing an email.
- It provides a fast, efficient, lightweight and flexible interface to allow Flash applications to communicate directly and securely with Moodle; pushing learner’s grades, saving microphone recordings, webcam images, user generated images, getting, analysing and/or editing data on Moodle’s database, etc. Almost anything is possible.
Features in Moodle 2.5+
- Works seamlessly with my Multimedia Interactive Learning Apps (MILAs).
- Comes with 2 media players (JW Player 5 and Strobe Media Playback) for playback of videos, audio, animations, and other media. Can also support other media players.
- Preloader app loads and displays “content” Flash files and can relay grades to Moodle’s grade book.
- Debugger app displays client side SWF Activity Module and Flash Player data, loads examines and displays SMIL learning content, and tests Moodle integration functions such as sending grades and saving files.
- Can display some kinds of 3rd party Flash based presentations and activities produced by rapid elearning IDEs and screen recorders, e.g. Adobe Captivate and CamStudio.
- Supports all versions of Flash and Actionscript.
- Supports SMIL, XML, and other external media and content.
- Supports web services and APIs including JSON and AMF3, and easy use of public API keys.
- Customisable FlashVars so that 3rd party Flash apps are easy to deploy.
- SWF Activity Module demo course
- Project site hosted on Github.com